Staying Cool in La Quinta
July 29, 2015
Pleasant weather year-round is just one of the many things that makes beautiful La Quinta a premiere destination for everything from hiking and biking to our world-renowned golf courses. Naturally, nobody knows better than we desert dwellers how to beat the heat in style when the barometer is on the rise. Here are our top 5 suggestions to cool your heels and have fun in the Gem of the Desert.
1) Shop local. Beat the heat and add a stylish new piece to your wardrobe, or find a fantastic addition to living room, from one of the many unique boutiques located at Old Town La Quinta. Browse everything from modern apothecary items and artesian olive oils to hand-made silver accessories, and fashion and home décor.
2) Dive-In movies. La Quinta Resort & Club offers a variety of summer activities that cater to those seeking the cooler things in life. Take a dip in one of their 25 chilled-to-perfection plunge pools, or enjoy your favorite flick at their regularly scheduled “dive-in” movies. Sample chill-infused menu items including fresh ceviche and oysters on ice. Feeling more active? Opt for their Family Aqua Zumba!
3) Ice is nice. Especially when it’s chilling in your margarita or cooling your lips in a poolside cocktail. During the hot summer months, happy hour can turn into an all day affair. There are a wide variety of hotel pools, bars, and local restaurants to choose from around La Quinta where you can kick back, take a load off, and sip away the summer day.
4) Frozen treats. Whether you’re a Fro Yo fan or prefer to indulge in good old-fashioned ice cream, La Quinta has your summer sweet tooth covered. For the more adventurous connoisseur, we recommend Nitro Infusion. They serve organic ice cream with fresh ingredients made right before your eyes using liquid nitrogen to freeze the cream. Apparently, this produces smooth, creamy delights free of air, ice crystals, preservatives or additives. Yum!
5) Summer spa treatments. Any time of year is an ideal time for a spa treatment. But did you know there are actually spa treatments designed to cool you down? Leave it to one of the many luxurious spas in La Quinta to know how to provide a little peace and cool to melt away your summer stress.