Keep cool and healthy in the summer heat.
August 2, 2016
The heat during the summer months in La Quinta can sometimes peak over 120 degrees. Pool time, parties and the outdoors come with the territory in beautiful Southern California. So, we came up with a list of ways to keep cool and healthy during the summer months.
- Drink more non-alcoholic and low or no sugar added drinks. At least 64 oz. of water daily.
- Keep your animals well hydrated and indoors.
- NEVER leave anyone, including pets & infants, inside of closed parked vehicles.
- Try to wear light colored, loose fitting clothing that is very breathable
- Try taking cold showers
- Limit your outdoor activities. The heat will catch up with you quickly.
- Find time to rest in shaded areas or indoors.
- Wear at least a SPF 30+ sunscreen, hats and sunglasses when outdoors.
We know the sunshine and outdoors are enticing and we love to explore all that this paradise has to offer. But, follow these tips and make sure that your health and safety come first!